Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: Can I keep my IU email address after I graduate?

Your Indiana University computing accounts will be disabled when you graduate or otherwise leave IU; see At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad? Therefore, you cannot keep your IU email address after that time.

The IU Alumni Association (IUAA) offers free, lifelong email accounts to all IU alumni. These accounts are part of IU Connect, a suite of services including email, instant messaging, blogs, and classified ads. You will be able to select an alumni email address at , or one of several campus variants.

Note: Mail sent to your student address (e.g., ) will not be forwarded to your alumni email account; mail must be addressed to .

To sign up for your alumni email account, visit IU Alumni Association account services at:

Note: You can create an IUAA email account only if you are an alumnus or will be graduating within a semester.

The IU Alumni Association also offers other ways to keep in touch with your university after you graduate, from career services and social networking sites. For more information, see:
This is document aaee in domain all.
Last modified on July 01, 2008.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.