Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Outlook, how can I make additional folders?

To make a new folder in Outlook 2000 and later:

  1. In the Folder List, highlight the folder (e.g., Inbox or Tasks) in which you want to create the new folder. If the Folder List is not visible, from the View menu, select Folder List. (In Outlook 2010 and 2007, the folder list is visible by default and there is no Folder List option from the View menu.)

  2. In Outlook 2010, click the Folder tab and select New Folder from the Ribbon.

    In Outlook 2003 or 2007, from the File menu, select New, and then Folder... .

    In Outlook 2000 or 2002, from the File menu, select Folder, and then New Folder... . Alternatively, from the Folder List, right-click the folder, and from the resulting drop-down menu, select New Folder... .

  3. When prompted, enter a name for the folder in the "Name:" field.

  4. In the "Folder contains:" field, specify the type of items you want the folder to store. By default, the new folder will contain the same type of items as the folder in which it was created. Use the drop-down menu to choose one of the following: Appointment Items, Contact Items, Journal Items, Mail Items, Note Items, or Task Items.

  5. Click OK.
This is document adjc in domain all.
Last modified on November 16, 2012.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.