Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


How do I convert my email address book into a format used by another email program?

Most email clients have an address book function that lets you create entries for your recipients, nicknames for email addresses, and distribution lists. Unfortunately, since there is no standard for the format of these address books, it is difficult to move addresses between email programs.

There are a few solutions that may make conversion easier. For Windows, you can try Address Magic, shareware available from Connected Software. You can use Address Magic to convert your address book and contact information for more than 25 email clients and systems; see Address Magic Personal.

An option for both Mac and Windows computers is InterGuru's E-Mail Address Conversions, a web-based program that can convert many different address book formats. The maintainer of the site requests a one-time $20 fee if you successfully convert an address book. For more information, see InterGuru's E-Mail Address Book Conversions; to run the conversion program, scroll to the middle of the page.

In addition, there are a number of application-specific utilities, many of them available from online software archives.

This is document aepr in domain all.
Last modified on November 09, 2012.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.