At IU, how can I tell if my mail is forwarded?
To determine if your Indiana University mail is being forwarded:
- Determine on which UITS computing systems you have
accounts. Visit the AMS at:
MANAGE MY IU COMPUTING ACCOUNTS, log in with your Network ID username and passphrase, and then choose
view your accounts. The resulting list will include your accounts on UITS central systems (but not accounts you may have on a server in your department). Take note of all the listed accounts for the steps that follow.
Note: For departmental, student organization, or group accounts, only the account owner is authorized to change the passphrase or other account settings.
- Make sure you have registered a preferred email address and that
it is correct. See At IU, how do I choose my primary email address and preferred email service?
- Log into each account that permits email. This includes your
Cyrus mail account, IU Exchange, and possibly departmental
Note: For help with a departmental account, check with your department's computing support provider.
To check the forwarding on your Cyrus or IU Exchange account:
- If you are using IU Webmail to access your Cyrus
account, in the header bar at the top of the screen, click the
Filtersicon. Under "Existing rules", click
Forward. If forwarding is enabled, you will see the forward information in the "Address(es) to forward to:" field. You will have the option of turning off or changing the forwarding. Log out to return to your Webmail session.
- If you're accessing your Cyrus account with a graphical email
client, such as Thunderbird or Mac OS X Mail,
you can probably find forwarding information under one of the
- To check for forwarding on your IU Exchange account, use Outlook to examine your rules. Look for any rules that forward your mail automatically to another address. You can toggle a rule on or off with the checkbox next to the rule.
- If you are using IU Webmail to access your Cyrus account, in the header bar at the top of the screen, click the
Note: Any mail sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org ) from a
system outside IU will be rejected, generating a bounce message to the
sending system. Be sure your mail is sent to
Last modified on March 26, 2014.