Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: At IU, how do I set my Exchange email address as my preferred email address?

To forward all mail to your Exchange server account at Indiana University, see the Knowledge Base document At IU, how do I forward my email?

To set your Exchange server account as your preferred email address, follow the steps below:

  1. To direct where incoming mail that is addressed to  or  goes (where username is your username), use the Account Management Service (AMS) at the following URL: Note: You must use a web browser capable of making a secure connection (one that supports SSL), such as Netscape Navigator 1.2 or higher, Internet Explorer, or Safari.

  2. Select your status, then click the radio button next to Create more IU computing accounts, set email forwarding, and manage my existing accounts and passwords. Click Continue.

  3. Enter your Network ID username and password, and click Continue.

  4. Click forward your email. A page will appear displaying your current preferred address.

  5. Click the radio button next to Set the delivery for this address to user's UITS mail account on: , and from the drop-down menu, select Click Forward email.

Note: For departmental, student organization, or group accounts, only the account owner is authorized to change the passphrase or other account settings.

This is document agjb in domain all.
Last modified on August 27, 2012.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.