At IU, why am I having trouble logging into Outlook Web App?
Note: OWA has the same functionality across major
browsers in most cases. For help using OWA, with your Inbox displayed,
? (the question mark) at the top right.
When trying to access your Indiana University Exchange Inbox in Outlook Web App (OWA), you may see one of the following error messages:
OWA was unable to get to your Inbox.
OWA failed to log on to mailbox.
The Microsoft server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled by the administrator. Please try your request again later.
- Check to make sure you are using the correct URL for the OWA service: https://www.exchange.iu.edu/
- You must have an IU Exchange server account to use IU's OWA
service. You can check the status of your account using the
Account Management Service (AMS) at:
Manage my IU computing accounts. After you have logged in (using your Network ID credentials), click
view your accounts. If you have an IU Exchange account, you will see "Microsoft Exchange" listed. For more, see At IU, what are Exchange accounts, and how do I get one?
- You must use a web browser that supports frames and
Firefox. Verify that your browser meets these standards and
that you are using the correct URL, as listed above.
- Check your account information to make sure that you are using the
correct username and passphrase.
- If you still can't access your IU Exchange account using OWA, try using Microsoft Outlook or the Exchange client to access your mail. If you cannot access your account using these clients, there may be a problem with your account, the IU Exchange server, or your local networking. Contact your local support provider (LSP) or campus Support Center.
Last modified on February 19, 2013.