Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, what are Exchange accounts, and how do I get one?

Using the Microsoft Exchange service, IU Exchange accounts provide email, calendaring and scheduling, and other administrative activities (e.g., contact lists, to-do lists, tasks) for faculty, full-time and part-time staff, IU affiliates, and some graduate students. UITS recommends the Microsoft Outlook email client for access to IU Exchange accounts; Outlook supports all of the services available via IU Exchange. Additionally, Outlook Web App provides a web-based interface for access to your IU Exchange account.

If you are eligible for an Exchange account, you can get one when you create your first IU computing accounts; see About creating first computing accounts for admitted students, faculty, staff, and affiliates. To get an Exchange account if you already have IU computing accounts, go to the Account Management Service at:

Click Manage my IU computing accounts. Log in with your Network ID (if necessary), click Continue, and then click create more accounts. Follow the instructions on the page to finish creating your Exchange account.

If you cannot create an Exchange account using AMS, a full-time staff or faculty sponsor must submit a request for you to the appropriate Accounts Administration office (At IPFW, contact your campus Support Center). All requests need to meet the following criteria:

  • The email request is sent from the sponsor's account.
  • The message clearly states the request for an Exchange account.
  • The request includes the new account holder's username and university status.

Important: When you create an Exchange account, all mail coming from other IU Exchange users goes directly to your Exchange account, ignoring your preferred address. To avoid overlooking mail that may be in your Exchange account, you can do any of the following:

This is document agxv in domain all.
Last modified on April 24, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.