ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how do I create a new gradebook?
UITS no longer supports original Oncourse. For information about Indiana University's current version of Oncourse, see What is Oncourse?
To create a new Oncourse gradebook, follow these steps:
- Once you are in Oncourse and have entered your course, click
Tools. From the menu that appears, select
- Choose the pencil icon next to "Create/Edit Gradebook". Next,
choose the blue plus sign icon next to "New Gradebook".
- In the "Title" field, enter a title for your new gradebook. If you
like, you can also enter a description.
- If you're ready to allow students to see their grades, click the
Make available to individual studentsradio button.
- If you'd like to disable running grade totals, check the box next
Disable Access to View Running Grades and Stats.
- To save your new gradebook, click
At this point, you can choose to:
- Use the Gradebook Wizard to prompt you through setting up your
gradebook for automatic calculation
- Use the Gradebook Wizard to set up columns for your assignments,
without engaging automatic calculation
- Create your gradebook manually
- Stop and return later to set up your course
If you intend to stop and return later, you'll need to locate the
Gradebook Tools link to get back to the setup options.
Last modified on August 30, 2010.