ARCHIVED: Using Microsoft Outlook Web App, how do I create and manage folders?
You can create and manage folders in Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA). OWA should look similar to your desktop client, with the exception of the web browser toolbars at the top and bottom of the window.
Note: OWA has the same functionality across major
browsers in most cases. For help using OWA, with your Inbox displayed,
? (the question mark) at the top right.
Premium interface instructions
Note: If you are using the Premium interface, you can access all of the folder management options by right-clicking the folder and, from the menu that appears, choosing your desired option.
Creating a new folder
- Once you have decided in which folder you want to create the new
folder, right-click that folder (i.e., if you want to create a
subfolder in the Inbox, right-click the Inbox).
- From the menu that appears, choose
Create New Folder.
- Type a name for the folder in the box, and then press
Renaming a folder
- Right-click the folder you want to rename and, from the menu that
- Type the new name of the folder in the box, and then press
Moving a folder
- Right-click the folder you want to move and, from the menu that
- In the
Move or copy folderwindow, click where you want to move the folder (i.e., if you want the folder to be a subfolder of the Inbox, click the Inbox).
Deleting a folder
- As OWA will not prompt you to confirm the deletion once you click
Delete, you should first make sure that all the messages in the folder are ready for deletion.
- Right-click the folder you want to delete and, from the menu that
Light interface instructions
If you are using the Light interface, in the left menu pane, click
Manage Folders... . The following options will appear:
Create New Folder
- Use the "Create folder in:" drop-down menu to choose where
to create the folder.
- In the "Folder name:" field, type your desired folder name,
and then click
- Use the "Current name:" drop-down menu to choose the folder
- In the "New name:" field, type your desired folder name, and then
- Use the "Folder to move:" drop-down menu to choose the
folder to move.
- Use the "New location:" drop-down menu to choose the new location
of the folder, and then click
- Use the "Folder name:" drop-down menu to choose the folder to
Last modified on November 16, 2012.