Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: At IU, what is the default quota of my Exchange mailbox, and what happens when I exceed it?

At Indiana University, Exchange mailboxes have a default quota of 500 MB.

Refer to the table below for the quota limits and the actions taken by the Exchange server if you exceed those limits. To determine how much of your disk quota you are using, see How do I check my storage space on the IU Exchange server?

Disk quota used Action taken by Exchange server
500 MB Daily warnings informing you that you have exceeded your quota
525 MB Continued warnings; ability to send messages suspended
575 MB Ability to send or receive messages suspended. You will still have access to your account in order to perform housekeeping, but your mail functionality will be suspended until you are within quota.

If you exceed the quota for more than 30 days, your mailbox is disabled.

The Exchange system handles quota problems automatically. As you delete and purge contents from your mailbox, your quota automatically adjusts and resets. See About your storage space on the Exchange server

This is document airh in domain all.
Last modified on August 27, 2012.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.