Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how can I arrange for the system to notify me about unread Course Mail?

UITS no longer supports original Oncourse. For information about Indiana University's current version of Oncourse, see What is Oncourse?

Oncourse checks for unread Course Mail daily at 12:05am. You can arrange for Oncourse to send a message at that time to the email address of your choice, letting you know that you have Course Mail waiting.

Log into Oncourse and enter your course by clicking its title. Then follow these steps:

  1. Click In Touch. A menu of features will appear. If Oncourse Mail has been activated for your course, one of the headings will be "Course Mail".

  2. Under the "Course Mail" heading, choose Oncourse Mail.

  3. Click the Change preference link.

  4. In the box next to "Send notification to this internet address", type your usual email address.

  5. Click the Save Preference button.

You will need to do this separately for each of your courses. If you set up notification for just one course, Oncourse will not notify you about unread Course Mail in any of your other courses.

This is document aivg in domains all and oncourse-h.
Last modified on August 30, 2010.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.