Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: In Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome, how can I control font size?

To adjust the size of your browser's fonts, you can either use keyboard shortcuts or adjust the default font size in the browser itself.

On this page:

Use keyboard shortcuts

In Windows, to change your browser's font size, use the following keyboard shortcuts:

  • Increase: Ctrl-plus sign ( + ) or Ctrl-equals sign ( = )
  • Decrease: Ctrl-minus sign ( - )
  • Return to default font size: Ctrl-0  (zero)

In Mac OS X, use the Command key instead of Ctrl.

Adjust the browser font

Internet Explorer

  1. From the View menu, select Text Size.

  2. From the drop-down menu, select the desired size (from Largest to Smallest).


From the View menu, select Zoom, and then Zoom In or Zoom Out. Repeat until fonts are the desired size.


To temporarily adjust browser font size:

  1. From the Page menu (
    Chrome Page menu
    ), click Zoom.

  2. Choose Larger, Normal, or Smaller.

To change the font settings in Chrome:

  1. In the upper right, from the Tools menu (
    Chrome Tools menu
    ), select Options.

  2. From the Under the Hood tab, scroll down to "Web Content", and then click Change font and language settings.

  3. Change the desired settings, click OK, and then click Close.
This is document aiwf in domain all.
Last modified on January 07, 2013.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.