At IU, what is my Active Directory Services (ADS) domain account?
At Indiana University, your Network ID and your ADS domain account each allow access to a variety of services. The passphrases for both of these accounts, as well as many other IU computing accounts, are synchronized when you reset or change your passphrase.
ADS domain account services
- Logging into Windows computers in the Student Technology
Centers (STCs) at Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI
- Accessing your IU Exchange account
- Authenticating using CAS to services such as
One, Oncourse, Kuali Time, IUCAT, and many administrative
- Accessing the IU virtual private network (VPN) on your
- Authenticating to your Cyrus mail account
Your ADS domain account passphrase should be the same as your other UITS computing account passphrases. If you have an ADS domain account but are unable to log into the ADS domain, reset your passphrases using the Passphrase Maintenance utility.
If you still have problems, contact your local support provider or your campus Support Center.
Last modified on February 24, 2014.