Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, how do I remove my individual web page?

Note: Pages replaced the Mypage service on January 1, 2014. Pages is limited to professional, research, instructional, and academic needs. The content in an account on Pages must be related to the individual's, department's, or student group's role within the university (for example, a faculty or staff member's professional, research, or academic information, or a student's academic tasks). Specifically, these accounts are no longer to be used for content such as hobbies, family information, and favorite entertainment links. All account owners are being contacted about this change.

You can use the spinweb command on Mercury to set the permissions on your Pages web pages at Indiana University so that no one can see them. To do so, connect to and, at the command prompt, enter:

spinweb -d

This will disable your pages so that no one will be able to view them, but the files will remain in your account so that you may download them and move them to another host, or make them visible again at a later date by running spinweb (without the  -d ).

For information about software you can use to make a secure connection to Mercury, see At IU, what SSH/SFTP clients are supported and where can I get them?

This is document ajzc in domain all.
Last modified on January 22, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.