How can IU employees view and modify personal information (such as contact information, pay advice, W-2, and benefits)?
Most personal employee information is available in the Employee Center in OneStart.
Log into OneStart. Select
Services tab, and choose the
section on the left. Continue as needed to access:
Note: You cannot modify certain personal information (e.g., your primary name or your IU office address) through the Employee Center. If a change is necessary, follow the appropriate instructions in OneStart.
Employee Information, and then click
View for instructions on how to modify your listed
personal information (name, address, emergency contact, date of birth,
Payroll & Tax. Under "Payroll Information", you will see:
Direct Deposit Set-Up: Displays your direct
deposit account information; to edit this, click
Current Paycheck: Displays a summary of your most
current pay advice. To see a complete pay advice, click
view, and then click the check date.
- To check when your pay will be deposited, see Pay Date Schedules.
- In each check's "General" section, the code Human Resources uses for your department (your "chart/org" code) is listed next to "Department:". The code is in two parts, separated by a hyphen (e.g., "UA-VPIT").
- Direct Deposit Set-Up: Displays your direct deposit account information; to edit this, click
- To view and update your tax withholding, see the "Tax
Federal Tax Withholding: Displays your current federal
elections; to edit this, click
IN State and Local Tax Withholding: Displays your
current state and local elections; to edit this, click
- Federal Tax Withholding: Displays your current federal elections; to edit this, click
For more about pay advices and direct deposit, in the "Employee Self
Service Information" section of Payroll, click
Self Service Documentation.
For questions concerning payroll self-service, contact your department's payroll staff, or complete the FMS Support Form.
Payroll & Tax. Your W-2 details are under "Tax Information":
W-2 Online Delivery: Your current status will
display. To change your status, click
edit. If your status is "Consent not received", you will be taken to the consent form. If your status is "Consent received", you will be taken to the withdrawal consent form.
W-2 Data Available: The years for which you have
W-2 forms will display. Click
viewto review your available W-2 or W-2c forms. You must acknowledge the resulting security notice before continuing.
Year End Formto view your most recent W-2 form as a PDF.
- To view W-2 forms from previous years, click
View a Different Tax Year, and then select the specific year you wish.
- To print your W-2 form, click the print icon at the top left corner of the PDF file.
- W-2 Online Delivery: Your current status will display. To change your status, click
For more about W-2 forms, including how to request a duplicate paper copy, see W-2 Home.
Note: Employees who were effectively terminated after September 15, 2011 will receive Former Employee status, allowing them to access W-2 data in OneStart in the same way as current employees. Older former employees can retrieve duplicates of their W-2 forms by either filling out the request for duplicate forms or by bringing a government issued picture ID to FMS Customer Service in Poplars 527 (see For IU's campuses, where can I find directions, online maps, and parking information?).
Benefits. Under "Benefits Information", you will see
details about your health, insurance, retirement, and tax savings
plans, as well as additional offered benefits.
For more, see the eBenefits Help Index.
Last modified on January 07, 2013.