Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


Recommended Windows operating systems at IU

Windows 8.x and Windows 7 are the preferred Windows operating systems at IU, though Vista with Service Pack 2 is compatible with most services.

For security reasons, the Indiana University network is not compatible with Windows 95, 98, 98SE, or Me.

New Windows computers may be equipped with either Windows 8.x or Windows 7. If your computer is unable to run at least Windows 7, UITS highly recommends upgrading or replacing it.

Note: Use Get Connected to register computers running Windows 8.x, 7, or Vista, or Mac OS X 10.7 and later. Use the IU DHCP page (navigate to and follow the on-screen prompts) to register most Linux computers, smartphones, tablets, e-readers, and gaming consoles. Contact your campus Support Center to register a personal computer running an earlier version of Mac OS X or Windows, or an Internet-capable television device. Computers running outdated operating systems and other devices that do not meet IU's security standards cannot be registered. For more, see At IU, how do I register my computer or other networked device?

This is document aloz in domain all.
Last modified on October 03, 2013.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.