Why am I having trouble logging into IU Webmail, and what can I do to correct this?
If you are having trouble logging into IU Webmail, first check that you are using the correct URL:https://webmail.iu.edu/
If problems continue, check the following, in order:
- Make sure you have entered your Network ID username and
passphrase correctly, and the
Caps Lockkey is not on.
- You must have cookies enabled for
Webmail to work properly. For help, see the "Viewing and controlling
cookies" section of What are cookies?
- Check the Account Management
Service (AMS) to see if your account was created successfully; see
How can I find out which UITS computing accounts I have? If you don't see an account on Cyrus,
create more accounts. Students should follow the instructions for creating an Imail or Umail account. Faculty and staff should follow the instructions for creating a Cyrus or Exchange account.
- Try changing your passphrase using the Passphrase Maintenance utility at: https://passphrase.iu.edu/
- If you have a personal firewall set up on your
computer, you may need to change some settings to allow access to IU
Webmail. Consult the documentation for your firewall software.
- If you are connecting through an outside Internet service
provider (ISP), check with your ISP to see if a firewall or any
blocking measures are in place that could prevent you from accessing
- Spyware on your computer may be blocking access to IU Webmail. For help, see What is Windows Defender and how do I use it?
If you continue to experience problems logging into your Webmail account, contact your campus Support Center. If you email the Support Center, if possible provide an alternate email address so a consultant can more easily contact you.
Last modified on February 19, 2013.