Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, what is a University ID, and how do I find out what mine is?

At IU, all admitted students receive a 10-digit University ID (UID). The Office of Admissions issues your UID in an admission letter via postal mail. For employees, the UID can also be called the Employee ID. If you know your username and passphrase, you can view your UID online; if you don't, see below.

Online (Students)

The easiest way to do this is to use One; see About using One, the "OneStart restart".

Click the University ID icon, and your ID number will be listed above "Gender".

Online (Employees)

  1. Log into OneStart. Select the Services tab, and then choose the Employee Center section on the left.

  2. Click Benefits.

  3. In the "Benefits Information" area, your UID will be listed near the top as "Employee ID: 000xxxxxxx".

    Note: If you don't see this section, you can also find your Employee ID on the top left of your pay advice; see How can IU employees view and modify personal information (such as contact information, pay advice, W-2, and benefits)?

Other methods

Alternatively, you can contact the appropriate information provider to obtain your UID:

This is document amuh in domain all.
Last modified on February 19, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.