Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, may I add a wireless access point to my campus housing residence, classroom, or office?

The IU Secure wireless network is available in most IU Bloomington and IUPUI campus residences. You may operate a properly configured, FCC-approved wireless access point (WAP) as an exception to the IT-19 Extending the University Data Network and IT-20 Wireless Networking policies from the University Information Policy Office (UIPO) only if your residence is listed at Wireless Networking: Temporary Exception 2. Once IU Secure is available in your residence, this exception will no longer apply and you will need to remove your WAP from the network.

Since personal WAPs expand the IU network and can heighten security risks to it, they are not permitted elsewhere. Additionally, those users who are eligible for personal WAPs in their residences must make an appointment with a Technology Consulting Services (TCS) consultant before the WAP will be allowed on the network. To make an appointment, contact the UITS Support Center.

Wireless access is widely available on IU campuses.

This is document amus in domain all.
Last modified on February 04, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.