Accounts, Network IDs, and passphrases
The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- What computing accounts are available at IU, and for whom?
- About creating first computing accounts for admitted students, faculty, staff, and affiliates
- How can I find out which UITS computing accounts I have?
- At IU, if I already have some computing accounts, how do I get others?
- What are my responsibilities as a computer user at IU?
- About requesting accounts for groups or departments
- About sponsoring a computing account for an IU affiliate
- About IU Guest accounts
- About Network Access accounts (guest wireless access) at IUB, IUPUI, IUE, IUK, IUN, IUS, IUSB, and IUPUC
- What is the default storage space for various UITS accounts, and how do I request an increase?
- At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad?
- At IU, how do I delete a computing account?
Network IDs and passphrases
- What is an IU Network ID?
- At IU, how do I change my Network ID passphrase?
- At IU, if I have forgotten my Network ID passphrase, how can I reset it?
- At IU, may I change my Network ID username on UITS computing accounts?
- Passwords and passphrases
Last modified on September 16, 2013.