Email at IU
The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
Email at IU
IU provides email accounts for all members of the IU community, for both official communication and personal use. Student employees, including AIs, might be required to use a faculty/staff (Exchange or Cyrus) account.
Faculty and staff email
Accessing your email
- Reading your Exchange email
- Reading your Cyrus email
- Configuring an email client for Imail or Umail
- Mobile devices
Managing your email
- What is the default storage space for various UITS accounts, and how do I request an increase?
- At IU, how do I forward my email?
- How do I prepare my IU email accounts for an extended absence?
- At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad?
Email policies at IU
- What should I know to avoid getting in trouble with email?
- About chain mail
- What is UITS policy on surveys via email?
- At IU, what is the policy about official communications from the university to students?
- If I give my passphrase to someone else who uses my account to send a harassing email message, will I be held responsible?
- What is IU's policy concerning mass mailing via email?
- How can I protect my web pages from email address harvesting?
- What does IU do to protect users from spam and virus-infected email?
- What is email fraud, and what should I do about it?
- What should I do if I receive a computer virus alert message via email?
- At IU, why am I receiving only some of my email, and where is the rest?
- Why am I receiving duplicate copies of email messages, and how do I stop it?
Last modified on December 21, 2012.