The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
File transfer basics
- What is SFTP, and how do I use an SFTP client to transfer files?
- What is FTP, and how do I use it to transfer files?
File sharing and downloading
- About MP3 files
- What is iTunes and what does it do?
- In file sharing software, how can I disable outbound file sharing?
- What happens if I receive a copyright infringement notice, and how can I avoid it?
- What is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act?
- What is the No Electronic Theft Act?
- What is IU policy on "warez" and software piracy?
File transfer at IU
- Using Windows, how do I use WebDAV to upload files to my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- Using Mac OS X, how do I use WebDAV to upload files to my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- Using AnyClient, how do I use WebDAV to upload files to my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- In Windows, how do I transfer files to and from my account on Mercury?
- For the university web server (Webserve), what address should I use when making an SSH or SFTP connection to my account?
- At IU, how do I access the SDA?
- At IU, how do I map or mount my RFS account to my workstation?
- At IU, can I use FTP or SFTP to access my RFS space?
- At IU, how do I install and configure OpenAFS on my workstation for use with the RFS?
- At IU, what is RFSWeb and how do I use it?
SFTP (secure FTP)
- At IU, what SSH/SFTP clients are supported and where can I get them?
- In Mac OS X, how do I use Cyberduck to transfer files over SFTP?
- Using an SFTP program, how can I change file permissions?
- When using FTP, why might programs and files fail to transfer properly?
- At IU, why can't I SFTP or SCP to my Quarry account, even though I entered my passphrase correctly?
- In command line FTP, how can I avoid being timed out when transferring a long file?
- Using FTP, how do I change to a directory that has spaces in its name?
Last modified on January 02, 2013.