Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, what is the ERDAS Higher Education site license?

The ERDAS Higher Education (HEAK) Program provides the Indiana University community with geographic imaging software, including ERDAS IMAGINE, ER Mapper, and LPS product suites. These applications provide tools for geocorrection and reprojection, mosaicing, extracting 3D features, generating terrain models, image analysis, visualization, vector editing, batch processing, and map output.

ERDAS implemented the HEAK program to provide accredited educational institutions with low-cost access to industry-standard software. Because of the substantial pricing discounts, IU's current site license restricts the use of this software to non-profit research and educational purposes.

UITS manages the HEAK license for IU. Students, faculty, and staff at all IU campuses may purchase the software; see At IU, how do I purchase software from ERDAS?

ERDAS offers HEAK members a 50% discount for training (not including online training) received at their educational centers. Training materials and presentations are also available for purchase; for more, see the ERDAS Higher Education (HEAK) and Non-Profit (NPO) programs. Contact UITS GIS with questions about training.

This is document aqbj in domain all.
Last modified on October 17, 2013.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.