Oncourse My Workspace: Overview
What it does
My Workspace is an individual online worksite that functions as a private workspace for each user. When you log in, you will automatically open My Workspace, which will display the Message of the Day and My Workspace Information boxes. By default, these boxes contain announcements and information from the system administrator.
You can revise the title and frame height of the My Workspace
Information box by clicking
Options in the My Workspace
Only a system administrator can modify the contents of the Message of
the Day box, but you can customize how announcements will be displayed
in the window. To do so, click
Options under "Message of the
Features: In My Workspace, you can perform various tasks, including:
- Posting files in your own private Resources tool
- Viewing an integrated Calendar for all sites in which you
- Viewing announcements from all your sites
- Creating your own private Calendar items
- Viewing a list of all sites you belong to in Worksite Setup
- Revising sites you own by adding users or changing tools
- Choosing how you would like to be notified of new or changed items
on sites you belong to in the Preferences tool
- Adding yourself to publicly joinable sites with the Membership
- Accessing Courseload eText materials from current and former classes
Things to consider
- In My Workspace, you can print a PDF file of all your
Calendar events for the day,
week, or month.
- You can save drafts or backup copies of work in progress in My Workspace Resources.
For help documentation about My Workspace, see My Workspace.
Last modified on May 23, 2013.