Using Connect, how do I create and delete meetings?
Note: You need an account on the Indiana University Connect server to manage meeting rooms; see About Adobe Connect Meeting accounts and passwords.
Log into the Connect Manager and follow the appropriate instructions below.
Incompatibilities with Adobe Connect:
- Chrome: The latest version of the Google Chrome browser for Windows is incompatible with the Adobe Connect add-in. This means that features that require the add-in, like screen sharing, cannot be used with this browser; if you require these features or have difficulties using Connect with Chrome, use another supported browser. To use Connect with Chrome without these features, or for more information, see Adobe Connect Help.
- Modern IE (Windows 8): Modern Internet Explorer does not pick up embedded Flash Player and thus will not play content; it will attempt to download Flash. However, you can use Connect in Windows 8 through Desktop Internet Explorer. See Flash Player issues | Windows 8.
On this page:
Creating a meeting
Note: For your recurring Connect meetings, consider reusing a single Connect meeting room rather than creating a new one for each scheduled instance. A persistent meeting room allows you to keep the same URL for your meeting, and all content (e.g., presentations, chats) and configurations (e.g., visible pods, layouts) will always be available.
- From the
- Enter a name for the meeting, limited to 60 characters.
- Create an easy-to-remember URL (e.g.,
HRWeeklyMeeting) by completing the "Custom URL:" field. (If you leave this field blank, the Connect server will generate a random URL for you that will be more difficult to communicate to others.)
- In the optional "Summary:" field, you may enter descriptive text
up to 750 characters.
- You can choose a start time and duration for your meeting, but
your meeting has no actual time limits; attendees can enter
before, during, and after the scheduled time.
Note: The time you enter here is used only if you choose to send a message invitation from within the Connect Meeting itself, which UITS does not recommend; see Inviting attendees below.
- If you have not created your own meeting room template, keep the
- For "Access", choose
Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room.
- For "Audio Conference Settings", keep the default
Do not include...option checked. At this time, the university does not provide or support combined audio and Connect Meeting conferencing. Click
- If any of your participants have an account on IU's Connect
server, you can select them from the list of available users and and
set them with Host, Presenter, or Participant permissions. They can
then log into your meeting room with their Connect credentials and
join the meeting with the assigned permissions. Usually your attendees
will join your meeting as guests, so you can ignore the settings on
the "Select Participants" screen and click
- You will see a summary of the meeting room's information. Review
the settings for accuracy; to make corrections, click
You will have the option to send meeting invitations from within the Connect Meeting application, but UITS recommends that you compose your own email message to your attendees, including the meeting URL you previously set. Instruct the attendees to log in as Guest. In addition, you might include a link to Participating in a Connect Pro Meeting.
Deleting a meeting
- Click the
Meetingstab. Check the box to the left of the meeting you wish to remove, and click
- On the confirmation screen, click
Delete. The meeting room, along with all content and recordings associated with it, will be permanently deleted from the Connect server.
For more on Adobe Connect, see Web Conferencing.
Last modified on August 07, 2012.