Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


What is a Turnitin originality report, and where can I find samples?

When an instructor or student submits a paper to, the paper is compared to Turnitin's primary databases. Turnitin then generates an originality report, which indicates text overlap with sources in its database. The report indicates the percentage of non-original material in the paper, as well as specific passages that match its sources.

At IU Bloomington, to view and discuss a sample originality report, instructors may contact CITL. At other campuses, instructors should inquire about availability at their campus teaching and learning centers. offers guides and user manuals. Note that PeerMark is available only from the Turnitin site, not through Oncourse. Most GradeMark options are available through Oncourse, but students will be unable to view comments until after the due date for an assignment. For additional help, instructors can contact their campus teaching and learning centers.

For more about standards of academic integrity at IU, including disciplinary procedures for academic misconduct, see the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.

Instructors at IUB may submit academic misconduct reports online.

This is document asxn in domains all and oncoursecl.
Last modified on August 05, 2013.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.