How do I install the ISDP Multi-file Download Tool?
The ISDP Multi-file Download Tool is a stand-alone application that allows you to download aerial photos, topographic maps, and other spatial data from the Indiana Spatial Data Portal (ISDP). This tool is especially useful for downloading multiple files in one sitting. Note that this application will not replace the ISDP web site, which continues to offer downloads on a single-file download basis.
To install the ISDP tool:
- If you have the ISDP Multi-file Download Tool version 1.0 or 1.1
on your computer, uninstall the software before proceeding to
the next step.
- In your web browser, go to ISDP Multi-file
Download Tool 2.1.
- At the top of the page, click
- Save the file to a local directory on your computer and extract
the file contents.
- To begin installation, double-click the
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may see a message, "This
setup requires the .NET Framework version 4.0". If you do not
see this message, skip to step 7; otherwise:
Yesto connect to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 download site.
Downloadand save the file to a local directory on your computer.
- Double-click the
dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exefile. The files are extracted and the setup window opens.
- Accept the license agreement, and click
- Once .NET 4.0 is installed, reopen the
ISDP Multi-file Download Tool 2.0folder, and double-click the
- At the
ISDP Download Tool 2screen, click
- Accept the default installation folder, and choose whether to
install this tool for your own use or for everyone who uses this
- To confirm the installation, click
Next. Once the setup finishes, click
- A shortcut icon to the application will appear on your desktop and
Startmenu. Double-click this icon to open the ISDP Tool.
- When you open the application for the first time, the ISDP Tool
Help Documentation will appear. See these help pages for instructions
on creating a new account. If you already have an ISDP Tool account,
Helpwindow and log into the application.
- Once your account is created, you will automatically be logged into the application to begin file downloads.
Last modified on January 02, 2013.