In Oncourse, can I delete a page from my site's wiki?
Note: To complete these procedures, you must be assigned a role having the necessary permissions. To determine your role, follow the directions in Participant roles. To view a list of permissions associated with a given role, see Permissions, roles, and tools. For a basic understanding of roles and permissions, see Permissions and roles: Overview.
In the Wiki tool, you can't delete a wiki page, but you can make it inaccessible by editing its permissions and removing any internal links that reference the page.
To make a page inaccessible by editing its permissions:
- At the top of the page you would like to hide, click
- Next to "Enable/Disable on this page?", uncheck the boxes in the
"Read" and "Edit" columns. This
will remove access for everyone except those with an administrative
Removing internal links
To remove internal links to a wiki page:
- At the top of the page containing the internal link, click
- Find the internal link on the page, and remove the square brackets
]) and the text inside them.
- Repeat the above steps for every page that contains an internal link to the page you want hidden.
Note: After you've edited the permissions and removed internal links, participants will still be able to find the hidden page using the search function in the Wiki tool, but they will not be able to access it.
Last modified on July 03, 2013.