What are the minimum system requirements for using the IU Podcast Portal?
UITS recommends the following minimum system requirements when using the Indiana University Podcast Portal:
- Broadband Internet connection
- Supported browsers:
- PC: Internet Explorer 7 or later, or Firefox 184.108.40.206 or later
- Mac: Firefox 220.127.116.11 or later
Note: Safari 3 for Mac and PC is currently not supported. This browser has displayed unstable behavior when editing podcast information, and UITS recommends not using it for editing podcasts.
- Audio speakers or headphones; required for listening to
- Podcatcher (e.g., iTunes); required for subscribing to podcasts
- Portable media player; required for portable listening or watching (e.g., iPod, or another media player that supports MP3 and MP4)
Note: To host or manage your podcasts using the Indiana University Podcast Portal, you must first request an account; see How do I request an account on the IU Podcast Portal?
Last modified on March 07, 2013.