Using the IU Podcast Portal, how do I create a new podcast?
Note: To host or manage your podcasts using the Indiana University Podcast Portal, you must first request an account; see How do I request an account on the IU Podcast Portal?
To create a new podcast using the Indiana University Podcast Portal:
- Access the IU Podcast Portal at: http://podcast.iu.edu/
- At the top right, click
Author Sign-In. Log in using your Network ID.
- Click to select the provider you were assigned when you created
your account (e.g.,
- On your "Podcast Maintenance" page, under "Create New Podcast",
fill out the form fields:
- Title: The title will display on the main page, as well as in the podcast or title field in the subscriber's podcatcher.
- Link: Enter a link to a web page with more information about the podcast, such as credits, author biography, organizational information, or publishing schedule.
Language: Leave the default language set to
Englishunless you're publishing in another language.
- Keywords: Enter terms (separated by commas) that will help a user find your podcast when using the search feature. Choose keywords that are relevant to the content of your podcast.
Artwork: To choose from artwork created
Show Artwork Selector, and then click the appropriate icon to select the artwork you want to use. To upload new artwork, click
Show Artwork Selector, and then, under "Upload Artwork", click
Browseto locate the artwork on your computer. Once you locate your artwork file, click the filename, and then click
Open. When you've selected the correct file, click
Go!to upload it.
- Topics: Default values are pre-selected. Use the checkboxes to select topics appropriate to your podcast content.
- Affiliation: Default values are pre-selected. Use the checkboxes to select affiliations appropriate to your podcast content.
- Campus: Default values are pre-selected. Use the checkboxes to select campuses appropriate to your podcast content.
- To finish creating your new podcast, click
New Podcast. At this point, the portal will be ready to accept your first episode.
Note: For policy information on podcast content at Indiana University, refer to University Information Policy Office (UIPO) University-wide IT Policies. In particular, see Appropriate Use of Information Technology Resources.
Last modified on March 07, 2013.