Oncourse Evaluations: Overview
What it does
In the Oncourse portfolio environment, the Evaluations tool allows users with appropriate permissions to view a list of matrix cells and/or wizard pages awaiting evaluation, as well as to review and evaluate the artifacts and reflections associated with each cell or page. After an item is evaluated, it is removed from the list of pending evaluations to help evaluators manage and track the work assigned to them.
By default, the following information is given for each matrix cell and/or wizard page listed in the Evaluations tool:
- Cell/page title
- Owner (the name of the person who submitted the cell/page)
- Date received (date the cell/page was submitted for evaluation)
- Type (specifies whether item is a matrix cell or wizard page)
Some portfolio projects prefer to use a blind review process in which evaluators cannot see the name of the owner of each item. Owner information can be hidden in matrix cells by turning off the "Can view/access user list and cell owner" permission for evaluators in the corresponding matrix.
Things to consider
In order for an evaluator to see items in the Evaluations tool:
- The user must be one of the evaluators assigned to the item.
Evaluators are assigned on a per cell/page basis via the
- For wizards, the user must have the "Evaluator" role.
For help documentation about the Evaluations tool, see Evaluations.
Last modified on May 16, 2013.