ARCHIVED: In the Oncourse Original Test and Survey tool, what are the access control settings?
Note: The Original Test and Survey tool is no longer available; see About the retirement of Original Test and Survey.
The access control settings allow you to manually enable or disable student access to an assessment, set a time window for students to access an assessment, disable student access to test results, and validate the location from which an assessment is being taken by IP address. To use the Access Control Settings:
- From the menubar in your course site, choose
Original Test and Survey.
- Under "Class Tests and Surveys", from the drop-down menu, choose
the assessment for which you wish to edit the access control settings,
- From the Test Menu, choose
Settings Menu, and then choose
Access Control Settings.
- Check the appropriate box(es) next to the settings you want:
- Disable Student Access to Test: Assessment is not available to students
- Disable Student Access to Test Results: Overrides any feedback settings in the ARCHIVED: Feedback Settings menu. When this box is checked, students will not see any feedback. If you want students to view feedback immediately after submitting an assessment, be sure this box is not checked.
- Deny Student Access Before: Use the drop-down menus to define the date and time at which the assessment will become available.
Deny Student Access After: Use the drop-down
menus to define the date and time after which the assessment will be
If you want to set a password to allow access to an assessment, use the boxes to set and confirm the password.
- You can also require IP address validation.
- No IP Address Validation: Students can access the assessment from any computer.
- Allow Only Listed IP Addresses: Use the "IP List" box below to enter IP addresses from which students may access an assessment. For instance, you may require students to use computers in a particular computer lab or to take the assessment from an STC.
- Do Not Allow Listed IP Addresses: Use the "IP List" box below to enter IP addresses from which students may not access an assessment.
- When you are finished, click
OKto save your settings or
Cancelto exit without saving.
Last modified on August 16, 2012.