IU Secure wireless connections: Android OS
Note: To gain full Internet access for your device on the IU Secure network, you must register the device's MAC address. Before registering your MAC address, your device will be able to connect to IU Secure, but will not receive an IP address that allows a successful Internet connection. For more, see At IU, how do I register my computer or other networked device?
Android devices must run Android 2.0 or later to connect to IU Secure. However, first-generation Motorola Android phones that have recently been updated (2.2.1) may experience difficulties when attempting to connect to IU Secure.
- From the Home screen, press
Settings, and then
Wireless & Networks.
Wi-Fi Settings, and then select
Note: If you don't see IU Secure listed, see the manual configuration instructions.
- If you are prompted to set or reset your credential storage
Settings, and then either
Location and Securityor
Security(typically on HTC devices with the Sense UI installed). For other devices, check your manufacturer's instructions for the location of these settings.
IU Secureagain and enter the following information:
- EAP Method:
PEAP(selected by default)
- Phase 2 Authentication:
MSCHAPV2) (For Kindle Fire, typically this can also be left as
- CA Certificate: Leave this field blank.
- Client Certificate: Leave this field blank.
- Identity: Enter your IU Network ID username. (For Kindle Fire, use
- Anonymous Identity: Leave this field blank.
- Wireless Password: Enter your IU Network ID passphrase.
- EAP Method:
Note: Even though you tap
Save, the device will typically remember your settings.
- Open the browser to complete the registration process.
You can manually set up the option for IU Secure as follows:
- If you're not already in Wi-Fi settings, from the Home screen,
Wireless & networks, and then
- Once in Wi-Fi settings, tap
Add Wi-Fi network.
IU Secureas the name for this connection.
Save, and then proceed as described in steps 5-7 above.
Last modified on October 28, 2013.