Why am I having trouble logging into SharePoint at IU?
At IU, SharePoint does not allow for anonymous (public) access. Logging into any SharePoint group site or My Site requires an IU Network ID.
If you are having trouble logging into SharePoint at Indiana University, try the following:
- Be sure you are logging in using the following format: ads\username
- If you haven't already, run the UITS SharePoint Assistant.
- Check to see if you are using a supported browser and if it is configured properly.
Note: For Mac OS X, use Safari. UITS is currently developing support for Firefox and Chrome on the Mac.
- In Mac OS X version 10.4 and earlier, and when using Firefox on a
Mac, try substituting
wwwin the URL. See the following example (where
sitenameis the name of your site): https://external.sharepoint.iu.edu/sites/sitename/
- Configure your browser to work properly with SharePoint at IU. See
How do I configure Internet Explorer for SharePoint at IU? or In Windows, how do I configure Firefox for SharePoint at IU?
- For Windows, enable NTLMv2 on your computer. See What is the tool that disables LM/NTLMv1, and where can I get it?
- Reset your passphrase. See At IU, how do I change my Network ID passphrase?
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
Last modified on January 02, 2013.