Why am I having trouble logging into SharePoint at IU?
At IU, SharePoint does not allow for anonymous (public) access. Logging into any SharePoint group site or My Site requires an IU Network ID.
If you are having trouble logging into SharePoint at Indiana University, try the following:
- Be sure you are logging in using the following format: ads\username
- If you haven't already, run the UITS SharePoint Assistant.
- Check to see if you are using a supported browser and if it is configured properly.
- By default, Firefox and Chrome in Mac OS X cannot successfully
authenticate to the SharePoint servers. See How can I use SharePoint on OS X?
- Configure your browser to work properly with SharePoint at IU. See
How do I configure Internet Explorer for SharePoint at IU? or In Windows, how do I configure Firefox for SharePoint at IU?
- For Windows, enable NTLMv2 on your computer. See What is the tool that disables LM/NTLMv1, and where can I get it?
- Reset your passphrase. See At IU, how do I change my Network ID passphrase?
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
Last modified on February 20, 2014.