Using Turning Technologies, how can I help troubleshoot problems with a student's response device?
The TurningPoint software features a Polling Test feature which can help determine whether a student's response device is functioning properly. To conduct a polling test:
- Make sure your receiver is plugged in.
- Make sure the student's device is set to the same channel as your
receiver. The default channel is 41.
- In the TurningPoint 5 software, click
Connectionson the top left side of the window.
- Under Polling Connections, click the
- Have the student press any button on the device. The software
should register the device ID and the button pressed as long as they
are on the same channel. Check the device ID on the back of the
clicker and compare it to what displays during the polling test.
- When finished, click
If you determine that the student's device is malfunctioning, refer the student to Turning Technologies technical support. If the device is under warranty, the student will be able to exchange it at the bookstore. See At IU, where can I get technical support for Turning Technologies response systems?
Last modified on August 15, 2013.