How do I set up and run IUanyWare applications on my mobile device?
Running IUanyWare applications on your mobile device is much like running them on your desktop. Follow the appropriate instructions here to install the Citrix Receiver on your mobile device. Then, as needed, refer to How do I set up and use IUanyWare?
IUanyWare is available at https://iuanyware.iu.edu. IUanyWare uses a
secure connection; to avoid misleading warning messages, be sure to
On this page:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Android devices
- BlackBerry devices
- Surface RT tablets
- Google Chromebook
- More information
Note: If you have a passphrase longer than 32 characters, you no longer need to use a special URL to log into IUanyWare.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your iOS device:
- Be sure your device is running iOS 4.2 or later.
- Search the Apple App Store for "Citrix Receiver" to find the app
appropriate for your device. Install it as you would any other app.
- Tap the Citrix Receiver app to launch it.
Add Accountto open the
New Accountscreen. On the bottom left, tap the icon next to "Options", and then tap
- Next to "Address", enter
- Next to "Description", enter a custom service description (e.g.,
IUanyWare), or use the default.
Access Gateway, and then select
- Enter your Network ID credentials. For the domain, enter
- Make sure "Security Token" is set to
IUanyWare(or the description you entered above) to access the apps available to your account.
There are two common versions of Android:
- Version 2.2 (Gingerbread) is common in feature phones and some low-cost tablets.
- Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) is the latest version of Android. It replaces version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, or ICS).
The instructions below pertain to the latest version of the Citrix Receiver (version 3.3.61). Depending on which version of Android your device is running, you may not be prompted for all parameters. For best results, we recommend performing a manual setup. To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your Android device:
- Search the app store on your device (usually Google Play) for
"Citrix Receiver", and find the app appropriate for your device.
Install it as you would any other application.
- Tap the Citrix Receiver app to launch it.
- On the
- On the
Add Accountscreen, do not fill in the "Server or e-mail address" field. Instead, tap the upper right corner of the screen, and select
- For "Address", enter
- For "Type", select
Access Gatewayfrom the drop-down menu.
- For "Description", accept the default or (optionally) enter
- Enter your IU username and (optionally) your passphrase.
- In the "Domain" field, enter
- Make sure the "Gateway Type" is
Enterprise Edition. (If not, use the drop-down menu to correct it.)
- Make sure the "Authentication Type" is
Domain Only. (If not, use the drop-down menu to correct it.)
- To select the IUanyWare applications you would like on the Citrix Receiver home screen, tap the
Appstab. To remove an application from the home screen, hold down the icon until the drop-down menu appears, and then select
Remove from Receiver Home.
To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your BlackBerry device:
- For smartphones, be sure your device is running BlackBerry OS
4.6 or later. For the PlayBook, be sure it is running PlayBook OS
1.0.7 or later.
- Search the BlackBerry App World store for "Citrix Receiver", and
find the app appropriate for your device. Install it as you would
any other app.
- Tap the Citrix app to launch it.
- On a BlackBerry PlayBook, tap
Settings > Add Account. On a BlackBerry smartphone, select
- For the domain, enter
ads. For the server address, enter
https://iuanyware.iu.edu. Enter a description, such as
IUanyWare, or use the default. Enter your Network ID username and passphrase.
On a BlackBerry smartphone:
Use Citrix Access Gateway.
- For "Gateway Type", select
- For "Gateway Authentication", select
On a BlackBerry PlayBook, for "Options", select
- Save the configuration.
- On a PlayBook, tap
Log On. On a BlackBerry smartphone, tap
Add. Tap the description you entered above to access the apps available to your account.
- If your BlackBerry asks you to allow certain features before
granting access, select
Surface RT tablets
These instructions are written for the Microsoft Surface tablet (with Windows RT); they also apply to any ARM-based tablet or PC running Windows RT. See "Versions and upgrades" in About Windows 8 at IU: System requirements, availability, versions.
Note: This Citrix Receiver is still in beta testing and may not yet have all the features of the Citrix Receiver associated with other mobile devices.
To install the Citrix Receiver on your Surface (or other Windows RT device):
- Be sure your device is running Windows RT and not Windows 8.
While this Citrix Receiver will run under Windows 8, it is still in
beta testing and is not as full-featured as the Citrix Receiver
currently supported for traditional Windows clients; see How do I install the Citrix Receiver for IUanyWare?
- Search the Windows Store for "Citrix Receiver", and install
the latest receiver as you would any other app. From the Start
- When prompted to "Enter your work e-mail or server address:",
- When prompted to enter your username and password, enter your IU
Network ID, and then tap
- On the right side of the screen, for "Domain\User:", type
ads\followed by your IU username. For "Password:", type your Network ID passphrase. You may check the
Remember my passwordbox, if you'd like. Then tap
- You will be prompted to add your favorite apps. Tap
+ Appsin the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A new screen will appear with all the IUanyWare applications
available to you. One at a time, select the apps you expect to use
frequently. These apps will appear on the main screen of your Citrix
Receiver each time you log on to IUanyWare.
- When you are done, tap the back arrow in the top left
corner of the screen to return to your default
My Appsscreen. To launch an application, tap it.
- To remove an app from this screen, flick the upper corner of the
app icon (or right-click if using a mouse); a checkmark will appear in
the corner. Tap
- Removein the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To add additional apps, swipe the screen background from the top
or bottom edge towards the center (or right-click the background if
using a mouse), select
+ Appsin the bottom right corner, and then repeat the steps above.
The Google Chromebook resembles a netbook, but uses Google's Chrome OS rather than Windows. Chrome OS is built around the Chrome browser.
Note: The Citrix Receiver for the Chromebook is an early version which is not currently compatible with IUanyWare. No estimate is currently available for when the Citrix Receiver for Chromebook and IUanyWare will be compatible.
- Devices that do not meet the minimum OS requirements are not
- Support for printing from mobile devices is not currently
- If your mobile device has little or no local file storage, you can use Cloud Storage.
Note: Do not store files in IUanyWare; you can instead use the Cloud Storage service.
Last modified on May 21, 2013.