ARCHIVED: Known issues with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) at IU
Following is information about the status of known university-wide Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) issues at Indiana University.
- To reinstall or recover Lion, you must have an active Internet
connection. If you are on campus at IU, UITS recommends
the wired Ethernet network instead of wireless. However,
if IU Secure is your only option, see In Mac OS X, how do I connect to IU Secure if I am booted from my Recovery HD?
Once you have Lion installed, you can use IU Secure normally (e.g.,
for installation of software updates).
- Boot Camp in Lion no longer offers driver support for
Windows Vista or XP.
- PowerPC applications no longer run in Mac OS X 10.7. IU no longer
distributes any PowerPC applications, but some users may still have
older versions of software installed on their system (e.g., versions
of Microsoft Office older than 2008); these will no longer work.
- IU-distributed applications that are not compatible with Lion
include PGP Desktop and Symantec Endpoint Protection. For information
about Lion issues with Adobe products, refer to the Adobe Knowledge
- ITHelpLive is not fully compatible with Lion. You can
chat as normal with consultants, but they will not be able to start a
screen sharing session with your computer if you have Lion.
- Browsers sometimes have trouble playing audio in presentations created using the Adobe Presenter plug-in. Reinstalling the Connect plug-in may help; see Adobe Connect Add-in Support. You can also try checking for updates to Adobe Flash. Clearing the cache may also help (see How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?).
Last modified on September 04, 2012.