Getting started with Box at IU
For an introduction, see About Box at IU.
On this page:
- Important notes before creating and using your enterprise Box account
- Creating and setting up your enterprise Box account
- Beginning tips
Important notes before creating and using your enterprise Box account
- If you already have a free personal Box account, or for more about
the differences between the free and enterprise Box services, see Comparing enterprise and free Box accounts.
Box accounts created with an email address in any of the following domains will be IU enterprise Box accounts:
- If you plan on using desktop sync, be aware of the volume of files you are uploading. For most users who upload files of a moderate number or size, the web interface is sufficient.
If you have not already done so, be sure to read Box acceptable use responsibilities to review your responsibilities as an enterprise Box user. Use of the service indicates acceptance of the stated terms.
Creating and setting up your enterprise Box account
If you've already received a Box file sharing request, see About logging in when accepting a Box sharing request from someone at another institution.
Before using your new account, be sure to
revise the default account settings for security purposes, and set an
external password. See:
- About Box at IU
- How to securely share a file on Box
- Best practices for Box at IU
- About Box Sync
- For Box at IU, where can I get help?
- Box at IU help menu
- For basics on topics such as uploading/downloading files and managing files and folders, see Box Help provided by Box. Also, register for instructor-led online training.
The enterprise Box support content available here is a result of a collaborative effort by the Internet2 early adopter institutions.
Last modified on April 10, 2014.