Known issues with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) at IU
Following is information about the status of known university-wide Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) issues at Indiana University.
- PGP Desktop and Symantec Encryption Desktop are not compatible
with Mac OS X 10.9. For additional details, see Symantec's Mac
OS X and Supported Versions of PGP Desktop.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection is not compatible with Mavericks.
- Using Safari to register for DHCP may result in long delays or
timeouts. Other browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome, are not
affected by this problem.
- If you use FileVault with Mac OS X 10.6, decrypt your home
directory before installing Mavericks, and then encrypt your
entire drive using FileVault 2. See About FileVault 2 in
the Apple Knowledge Base for details.
- To reinstall or recover Mavericks, you must have an active
Internet connection. If you are on campus at IU, UITS
recommends using the wired Ethernet network instead of
wireless. However, if IU Secure is your only option, see
In Mac OS X, how do I connect to IU Secure if I am booted from my Recovery HD? Once you have Mavericks installed, you can
use IU Secure normally (e.g., for installation of software updates).
- Boot Camp no longer offers driver support for
Windows Vista or XP.
- PowerPC applications do not run in Mac OS X 10.9. IU no longer distributes any PowerPC applications, but some users may still have older versions of software installed on their system (e.g., versions of Microsoft Office older than 2008); these will no longer work.
Last modified on January 08, 2014.