At IU, how do I forward my email?Mail forwarding redirects incoming email for the Indiana University email domains (i.e.,
iu.edu) to your preferred email service. Forwarding email is a good idea if you have accounts on more than one email service (e.g., an account on Cyrus mail and an account on Exchange). Unless you log into your account on each service regularly, you may have unread messages in one of the accounts. Choosing a preferred email service and then forwarding mail to it from your other accounts will ensure that any mail sent to your IU email address lands in the account where you read mail. IU Exchange users should set Exchange as the preferred email service; messages sent between IU Exchange accounts land in the recipient's Exchange mailbox regardless of the preferred email service setting.
Note: If you don't know the difference between your primary email address and preferred email service, see At IU, what is my email address? to learn about email addresses or At IU, what email systems are available? to learn about email services.
Follow the steps below to forward mail from one or more accounts to a preferred service, and thus avoid creating a mail forwarding loop:
- Remove mail forwarding at your preferred email service
- Register your preferred email service
- Forward mail on your other email services
- Check your mail forwarding
1. Remove mail forwarding at your preferred email service
Choose one email service from which you will read mail; this will be your preferred service. Make sure there is no forward set on it by removing all mail forwarding from it. To do so, log into the service you wish to use as your preferred service, and then follow the appropriate steps below.
2. Register your preferred service
Register your preferred service with the Account Management Service (AMS). Doing so notifies the IU mail servers where to deliver mail addressed to your primary IU email account.
Note: To avoid creating a mail loop, do one of the following:
- Do not forward mail from your previous preferred service until the next day.
- Forward your previously preferred service to your new preferred service instead of your primary email address, and then revise its forwarding to your primary email address the next day.
- Go to the Account Management
Manage my IU computing accounts. Then click
manage your e-mail, and then
forward your e-mail.
- Under "Forward your IU e-mail", select
Set delivery for this address to user's UITS mail account on:, and from the drop-down list, select your preferred email service.
- At the bottom of the page, click
3. Forward mail on your other services
Forward mail on all your other services except your preferred service to your primary IU email address.
Note: Any mail sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org ) from a
system outside IU will be rejected, generating a bounce message to the
sending system. Be sure your mail is sent to
Other Unix accounts
4. Check your mail forwarding
Verify that your forwarding is working correctly by sending yourself test messages to and from each of your systems. For more, see At IU, how can I tell if my mail is forwarded?
Last modified on September 03, 2013.