Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: For Insite and IUIS, what is my PIN (personal identification number) for accessing my student records, and what should I do if I forget it?

Your PIN (personal identification number) is a four-digit number that you will need in order to access Insite. Your PIN is initially set to the month and day of your birth. For example, if your birthday is June 4, your PIN will initially be set to 0604. You are required to change your PIN the first time you access the system.

Note: Most self-service tools that are currently available in Insite have moved to the SIS Self-Service area of OneStart. For more information, see the Knowledge Base document About the Student Center in OneStart

If you have forgotten your PIN or it does not work, you must report in person to your registrar's office and present a picture ID. If this is impossible, contact your registrar's office by phone to see what options are available to you. For information about the registrar's office on each IU campus, see the Knowledge Base document How do I contact the Office of the Registrar at each IU campus?

This is document bepm in domain all.
Last modified on November 01, 2008.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.