The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
Passwords and passphrases
- Passwords and passphrases
- At IU, how can I keep my passphrase secure?
- At IU, how do I change my Network ID passphrase?
- At IU, if I have forgotten my Network ID passphrase, how can I reset it?
- What is passphrase vaulting?
- Best practices for computer security
- What are my responsibilities as a computer user at IU?
- What is security software?
- How can I secure my home wireless network?
- How can I be sure that a web site is genuine?
- What are phishing scams and how can I avoid them?
- How can I have my IU-networked computer scanned for security vulnerabilities?
- How can I tell if someone else has been trying to log into my account, and what should I do about it?
- At IU, how do I report a suspected information or information technology (IT) security issue?
- How can I securely wipe disk drives?
Mobile device security
- How can I protect data on my mobile device?
- How can I secure my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How can I secure my BlackBerry?
- How can I secure my Android OS device?
- How can I secure my Windows Phone or Windows Mobile device?
- What is sensitive data, and how is it protected by law?
- How can I determine if my Social Security number or other sensitive information is secure?
- How can I avoid identity theft online?
- What is institutional data?
- What is Identity Finder?
More general information
- How do I limit access to my web pages?
- What is Kerberos?
- What are SSH and SSH2?
- What is SFTP, and how do I use an SFTP client to transfer files?
Last modified on January 03, 2013.