Computing policies at IU
The following is a small selection of content from Indiana University's Knowledge Base. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
Account use policies
- What computing accounts are available at IU, and for whom?
- About sponsoring a computing account for an IU affiliate
- What are my responsibilities as a computer user at IU?
- Are there restrictions on how I may use my IU computing accounts?
- About UITS computing account termination
- At IU, may I change my Network ID username on UITS computing accounts?
- About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations
UITS system usage policies
- What happens if I receive a copyright infringement notice, and how can I avoid it?
- At IU, can I play games on UITS computers?
- What is IU policy on using information technology resources for commercial advertisement?
- May I use IU computing resources for political campaigns?
- Policies regarding UITS research systems
- At IU, what is the policy for information on personal web pages?
- At IU, how can I request that software be installed on UITS STC computers?
- At IU, what are the usage policies for dial-in services?
- What should I know to avoid getting in trouble with email?
- What is IU's policy concerning mass mailing via email?
- What is Indiana University's policy on chain mail?
- What is IU's policy on surveys via email?
- At IU, what should I do about threatening or harassing email?
- What does IU do to protect users from spam and virus-infected email?
- What should I do when I get spam email?
- At IU, what is the policy about official communications from the university to students?
UITS Student Technology Centers/Residential Technology Centers policies
- At IUB, who may use the UITS STCs and RTCs?
- At IUPUI, who may use the UITS Student Technology Centers?
- Guidelines for use of the STCs
- In the IU STCs and RTCs, what are the printing standards and practices?
- At IUB, in the STCs and RTCs, what is the lost-and-found policy?
- At IUPUI, in the UITS STCs, what is the lost-and-found policy?
- In the IUB STCs and RTCs, how can I print long laser printing jobs?
- About conference use of the STCs
- Wireless networking in IUB and IUPUI campus housing
- In IUB and IUPUI campus housing, may I connect multiple computers to the campus network?
- What is the policy for making copies of UITS publications?
- What is the UITS policy on wireless networking?
- At IU, how should my department dispose of old computer equipment?
- Corporate cellular device service at IU
- At IUB, where can I purchase food or drink in the Wells Library, and where can I eat or drink it?
- What is IU policy on "warez" and software piracy?
Last modified on August 01, 2013.