ARCHIVED: How do I get an IU Network ID?
In order to obtain a Network ID, you must be a student, faculty member, or staff member at Indiana University. If you fit one of the categories above, you can go to the Account Management Service (AMS) to generate your initial accounts, including the Network ID. Note that students must have been admitted to use the AMS, and faculty or staff must have been entered into the university's human resources data system. The URL for the AMS is:
If you have no computing accounts, see the Knowledge Base document About creating first computing accounts for admitted students, faculty, staff, and affiliates
Additional campus-specific information
- If you are associated with IUB and your accounts were created
before January 10, 1994, but you have never created a Network ID,
bring a photo ID to one of the UITS Support Center walk-in
For more about walk-in support, see How do I contact each campus Support Center for IT help?
- If you associated with another IU campus but need an IUB Network ID, see the Knowledge Base document ARCHIVED: How do I get an IUB account if I am affiliated with another IU campus?
- If you are IPFW faculty or staff, contact the IPFW IT office at 260-481-6030 to obtain your Network ID.
This is document achh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-03-01 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.