How do I display and send the full headers of an email message?
- Follow the appropriate instructions below to first display the message headers.
- Microsoft Outlook for Windows: Double-click the message to open it in a new window. Select the tab, and then, at the bottom, click . The data is next to .
- Outlook Web App (OWA): Double-click the message to open it. Click the options icon (three dots near the top right), and then click .
- Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail (Windows): In the message index, right-click the message, and then select . Click the tab.
- Outlook for Mac OS X: In your Inbox (or other folder), right-click or
control-click the message, and then select .
- Thunderbird (Windows, Mac OS X): Click , select , and then choose .
- Mail (Mac OS X): With the message selected, from the menu, select , and then select either or .
- Imail: Select the message, click the down arrow in the upper right corner, and then select .
- Umail: Click the mail message to display it in the message pane. Next to "Reply", click the down arrow, and then click .
- Copy and paste that information into the email message you wish to send.
This is document adix in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-09-12 09:55:22.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.