How do I display and send the full headers of an email message?
To mail the full headers of an email message you received, first display the headers (see instructions for various clients below), and then copy and paste them into an email message.
On this page:
- Outlook 2013, 2010
- Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail (Windows)
- Outlook 2011 (Mac OS X)
- Thunderbird (Windows, Mac OS X)
- Mail (Mac OS X)
- IU Webmail
- Outlook 2013, 2010 (Windows): Double-click the message to open it in a new window. Select the tab, and then click .
- Outlook Web App (OWA): Double-click the message to open it, and then click the icon (an envelope with a small document over it).
- Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail (Windows): In the message index, right-click the message, and then select . Click the tab.
- Outlook 2011 (Mac OS X): In
your Inbox (or other folder), right-click or
control-click the message, and then select .
- Thunderbird (Windows, Mac OS X): Click , select , and then choose .
- Mail (Mac OS X): With the message selected, from the menu, select , and then select either or .
- IU Webmail: While viewing a message, click to open a new window that shows the message, full headers, and any HTML tags.
- Imail: Select the message, click the ellipses icon in the upper right corner, and then select .
- Umail: Click the mail message to display it in the message pane. Next to "Reply", click the down arrow, and then click .
This is document adix in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-03-03.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.