How do I display and send the full headers of an email message?
- Follow the appropriate instructions below to first
display the message headers.
- Outlook 2013, 2010 (Windows): Double-click the message to open it in a new window. Select the tab, and then click .
- Outlook Web App (OWA): Double-click the message to open it, and then click the icon (an envelope with a small document over it).
- Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail (Windows): In the message index, right-click the message, and then select . Click the tab.
- Outlook 2011 (Mac OS X): In your Inbox (or other
folder), right-click or
control-click the message, and then select .
- Thunderbird (Windows, Mac OS X): Click , select , and then choose .
- Mail (Mac OS X): With the message selected, from the menu, select , and then select either or .
- IU Webmail: While viewing a message, click to open a new window that shows the message, full headers, and any HTML tags.
- Imail: Select the message, click the ellipses icon in the upper right corner, and then select .
- Umail: Click the mail message to display it in the message pane. Next to "Reply", click the down arrow, and then click .
- Copy and paste that information into the email message you wish to
To report an email breach, abuse, phishing attack, or spam, send email to email@example.com.
This is document adix in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-06-22.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.