ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Outlook, how can I make additional folders?
To make a new folder in Outlook 2000 and later:
- In the Folder List, highlight the folder (e.g., or ) in which you want to create the new folder. If the Folder List is not visible, from the menu, select . (In Outlook 2010 and 2007, the folder list is visible by default and there is no Folder List option from the menu.)
- In Outlook 2010, click the
In Outlook 2003 or 2007, from themenu, select , and then .
In Outlook 2000 or 2002, from themenu, select , and then . Alternatively, from the Folder List, right-click the folder, and from the resulting drop-down menu, select . tab and select from the Ribbon.
- When prompted, enter a name for the folder in the "Name:" field.
- In the "Folder contains:" field, specify the type of items you want the folder to store. By default, the new folder will contain the same type of items as the folder in which it was created. Use the drop-down menu to choose one of the following: , , , , , or .
- Click .
This is document adjc in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2012-11-16 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.