ARCHIVED: In Pine, how do I change my editor?
Note: Pine is not available on any central UITS systems. UITS does not support the use of Pine at Indiana University.
Note: The software discussed here is no longer in common use at IU, and UITS may no longer be able to verify this text's accuracy; additionally, the UITS Support Center may no longer have the materials needed to adequately support this software.
The default editor for Pine is Pico, but you can change this to Emacs or vi as follows:
- At Pine's Main Menu, press
sfor Setup, and then
- You will see a long list of configuration options. Use your arrow
keys to find and highlight "enable-alternate-editor-implicitly".
Enterso that there is an "X" in the box.
- Use your arrow keys to find and highlight "editor = <No Value Set>".
afor Add, and enter the name of the editor you want to use.
efor Exit Config. When prompted, press
yto save your changes and return to Pine's Main Menu.
This is document adpc in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2009-12-01 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.