How do faculty and staff change personal/group/affiliate information?
The information displayed in the online IU Address Book and the Global Address List (GAL) is provided by several university departments, and maintained and cross-checked by several UITS systems; thus, the specific instructions for changing that information can vary depending on what you want to change. Additionally, some fields in the online IU Address Book are controlled by particular offices within the university, and only those offices can change them.
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates are listed in the IU Address Book if they have a valid IU username and email address (i.e., they have created their first computing accounts). The Address Book updates nightly. After information has populated through various systems, it may take a day for new records to appear.
On this page:
Faculty and staff
To change your primary (legal) or preferred name, home address, IU office phone number, alternate email address, emergency contacts, military status, or ethnic group:
- Click the appropriate button to enter your changes.
- If you are changing your Primary Name (first name and/or surname) because of a legal name change, you will be prompted to complete and submit an IU personal data change form.
- To change your preferred email address, see At IU, how do I change my primary email address and set delivery for my email addresses?
- To make other changes:
- If you are an academic appointee, contact your campus Dean of Faculties or academic affairs office.
- If you are a non-academic employee, contact your campus departmental human resources representative or human resources office.
Your updated information should appear in the IU Address Book and GAL within a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of a week. If it does not, contact your information provider.
Group or departmental accounts
To change the display information for your group or departmental account, email Accounts Administration for all campuses except IPFW. (A group or departmental account will appear in the Address Book if accounts are created for it and it also has an associated email address.)
To change the display name for an Affiliate account, the affiliate's sponsor should go into the original request (see How to sponsor a computing account for an IU affiliate) and make any updates. The Accounts Administration team will then process the change.
This is document afol in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-09-28 10:28:50.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.