At IU, how can I tell if my mail is forwarded?
To find out if your Indiana University mail is being forwarded:
The resulting page will display your accounts on UITS central systems (but not accounts you may have on a server in your department). Take note of all the listed accounts for the steps that follow.Note:For departmental, student organization, or group accounts, you can change the passphrase if you know the current one. Other account settings must be handled by the account owner.
- Make sure you have registered a preferred email address and that it is correct. See At IU, how do I choose or change my primary email address and preferred email service?
- Log into each account that permits email. This includes your
Cyrus mail account, IU Exchange, and possibly departmental
For help with a departmental account, check with your department's computing support provider.
To check the forwarding on your Cyrus or IU Exchange account:
- If you are using IU Webmail to access your Cyrus account, in the header bar at the top of the screen, click the icon. Under "Existing rules", click . If forwarding is enabled, you will see the forward information in the "Address(es) to forward to:" field. You will have the option of turning off or changing the forwarding. Log out to return to your Webmail session.
- If you're accessing your Cyrus account with a graphical email client, such as Thunderbird or Mac OS X Mail, you can probably find forwarding information under one of the following menus: , , or .
- To check for forwarding on your IU Exchange account, use Outlook to examine your rules. Look for any rules that forward your mail automatically to another address. You can toggle a rule on or off with the checkbox next to the rule.
firstname.lastname@example.org) from a system outside IU will be rejected, generating a bounce message to the sending system. Be sure your mail is sent to
This is document afva in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-04.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.