ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how do I send a Course Mail message to students registered in my class?
Note: Messages sent via Oncourse's internal email program, Course Mail, are only available from within Oncourse. If you send a message using Course Mail, your recipients will not receive it in their regular mailbox. They will have to log into Oncourse to see your message.
To send a message to the registered students in your Oncourse class, you must first enable Course Mail.
Note: Course Mail is enabled by default at all campuses except Indiana University Bloomington.
- Log into Oncourse and select your course. For help, see the Knowledge Base document ARCHIVED: For Oncourse, how do I log in?
- At the top of the page, click .
- Click . This will take you to the "Course Mail Editor General Settings" page. Click the radio button, and then click to make Course Mail active.
Once you've made Course Mail active, follow these steps to send a message:
- At the top of the page, click . Then, under the "Course Mail" heading, click .
- Click the text link marked . This will open a screen where you can compose new mail messages.
- In the "To:" field, select your recipient or recipients:
- To send a message to the whole class, select .
- To send a message to one person or group, select (highlight) the appropriate name.
- To send a message to two or more recipients, select (highlight)
the first user and then press and hold the
Ctrlkey (in Windows), or the
Cmdkey (in Mac OS or Mac OS X) while selecting the additional recipient(s).
- Type a brief subject line in the "Subject" box.
- In the main box below the "Subject" box, type your message.
- To send your message, click the button.
For information about other Oncourse communication features, see "Getting Help with Oncourse" at:
To find more information, from the tab menu in a course in Oncourse, click.
This is document agxx in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-08-30 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.